468x60 Ads

How Do You Balance Everything Just To Travel?

People say, "Live each day like it’s your last". And there's that other adage, "Don’t eat away your future; save for the rainy day!"

Two conflicting ideas, right?

The idea confuses me so much because I always wanted to have fun, travel and live life to the fullest but that will surely rip off my pockets. Moreover, I need to have a fat bank account to secure my future but that also mean I have to limit my spending for fun and travel.

So what should I do?

Well, I have come up with an idea on how to balance my responsibilities and travel. Here's what I did:

The Partition Of Salary
I am just an average person who needs to work my ass off to do the things I love such as traveling. I used to only have 1 job before that I needed to split my salary into two. 1/4 is for me, and 3/4 is for my mom (to help with the house bills).

What’s left for me is obviously not enough to put on my savings account and at the same time travel, thus, I searched for part time job opportunities and landed on Onlinejobs.ph

Right now, I have 1 job and 2 part time works. My first job's pay out proceeds to my family and the money I get from part-time jobs is divided into two. One goes to my savings and the other half goes to things I love (mostly for food and travel).

I usually leave out expensive clothes, high-end phones, and other gadgets as they are easily phased out. I am still a woman and it is common for us to love shopping, but the good thing about being a woman is having a lot of affordable yet fashionable clothing options all over the place. So, that's not really a problem. We can save money and still be fabulous! *wink*

Time-budgeting
40 hours a week plus additional working hours for part time jobs seems not viable for a vacation, right? This is true but I am thankful for Saturdays, Sundays and non-working holidays. Also, faking an illness once in a rare while also works (teehee! Shhh...). This is why most of my explorations shared on this blog are "gipit sa oras" because of being tied up to my responsibilities at work.

But that doesn't really matter. If there’s a will, there’s a way.

How about you? How do you balance things in life just to travel?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you explorer! --- Always challenge yourself to do something you have never done before. ♥