468x60 Ads

Ilocos Norte Tour - 1 Day Itinerary | Expenses | Tips

This was a special date with my best friend Jenny to one of the most beautiful regions in the Philippines. I am talking about the Ilocos Norte region - Laoag and Pagudpud.

Actually, this is the start of my 4D3N Pagudpud-Laoag-Vigan-BaguioTrip a la "Amazing Race". Below are helpful tips and itinerary for my Ilocos Norte trip. Enjoy!

Sinking Bell Tower
How To Explore Ilocos In 1 Day?
Jen and I were able to visit almost everything Ilocos has to offer in just 1 day, thanks to Kuya Glenn's car service. The rate may have a big difference against a tricycle tour but visiting many places in 1 day requires comfort, safety, and time management for you to enjoy the whole trip.

You can check the places we have visited in our Ilocos Norte trip for 1 Day here.

The driver also helped us budget our time, personal "taga-bantay" of our things and the best of all, served as our photographer :-)

Where To Stay?
I contacted Kuya Glenn (car service owner) and asked him where the best place to stay for the night is. He offers affordable home-stay for travelers. Unfortunately, it was fully booked at our time of arrival so he just suggested UKL hotel (good for two - 500 pesos for 12 hours). The hotel is fully air-conditioned, with hot and cold shower, Cable LCD/TV, Wifi access, and 24 hour security service. A very decent place to stay for thrifty travelers.

My good friend Joni were able to try Kuya Glenn's homestay and shared positive feedback about it. He also stressed that Kuya Glenn was such a great photographer ;)

Free Shuttle Ride!
Who said that only Macau offers free shuttle rides to tourists? Hmmm... not at all. At Laoag airport, we were informed that there’s a free shuttle for visitors that will take them to the city proper. Unfortunately, Jen and I were left behind because we waited at the airport a little longer for our car service owner's text reply.

Expenses:
UKL hotel (500 Php/12 hours divided by 2) = 250 Php
Car service (3,000 Php divided by 3 persons) = 1,000 Php
Miscellaneous (entrance fee and meals) = 300 php
Bus to Vigan = 120 Php
Total of 1,670 Php!



Laoag and Pagudpud are places with so much to offer to explorers. I enjoyed my stay because of its scenic views, friendly people, affordable purchases, and delicious foods.

Laoag to Pagudpud 1 Day Itinerary:

Date/Time Itinerary Location Remarks
8 am
(Day tour Laoag)

St. William Cathedral Note: Need a car to reach these places in 1 day 3,000 pesos (Glenn-09399237068) or (Manong Sely - 09325049138)
8:30 am
Laoag Sinking Bell Tower -
9 am - Fort Ilocandia Hotel & Resort Batac, Ilocos Norte
10 am - La Paz Sand Dunes -Sand boarding
10:30 am
Paoay Lake -
11 am - Paoay Church Bell Tower
Try Pinakbet Pizza at Herencia cafe
Marcos Avenue, Paoay, Ilocos Norte
11:30 am
Museo Ilocos Norte-50 entrance fee 20 pesos if w.student i.d
12:00
Marcos Mansion Batac, Ilocos Norte
12:30 pm - Malacanyang ti amianan (Malacanang of the north) 30 entrance fee
12:30 pm - 2pm
Travel from Laoag to Pagudpud and Lunch
2 pm - Cape Bojeador
3pm - Patapat Viaduct
4pm - Bangui Windmills
4 pm - 5:30 pm - Travel Pagudpud to Laoag Bus Terminal -
5:30 pm onwards - Travel to Vigan -

21 comments:

Joann said...

Makamiss ang Ilocos!
It's one of those places na you would love to go back.
Theirs is culture, adventure, and food trip in one =)

Gana Explore said...

I agree Joann! A region na daghan kaayo ug ma-offer sa mga travellers. Thanks for dropping bye. :)

Franc Ramon said...

I have been to Vigan but haven't been been in Laoag and Pagudpud would be one of the places I would want to visit.

Witty Grace said...

I've been to Ilocos before but I was too young to remember. I'd love to go see the place again if only because it's one of the richest in preserved historical sites.

Dems said...

Thank you for these tips and insights! This is perfect for those quick weekend getaways, although I'm the type who really likes to explore and soak in the experience. Hehe :)

Gana Explore said...

Welcome! Good luck on your trip :)

Wanderer Juan said...

It has been a long time since I've been to Ilocos. I actually don't remember the exact places we've been to I can only remember Vigan and Pagudpud. I'll keep your itinerary in mind when I do go back.

Debarpan said...

Patapat Viaduct,St.William's Cathedral,Jenny in La Paz Sand Dunes such wonderful places they are,very nice share.

Irene said...

Wow nice dear. Thanks for sharing your itinerary. Ilocos will always be a dream place for me esp the Paoay church. I fell in love with it ever since the Mario Maurer and Erich movie. =)

Gana Explore said...

Such a pleasure! I was reading your Sagada chronicles for my future visit there, and now you're reading mine. Thanks :)

Kathy Balmores said...

Iniisip ko minsan, masarap din siguro magbyahe mag isa. Nakakainggit mga pinuntahan ninyo

Czjai said...

It's been years since my last trip to Laoaog. Thanks for sharing your IT and your lovely photos! :)

Kero said...

Beautiful photos! It has always been my dream to visit Marcos mansion and Fort Ilocandia. Too bad I have only been to Laoag city proper.

My husband has made numerous visits to Pagudpud and indeed he says it truly is alovely place to get lost with someone =)

Mixz Fernando said...

masaya jan
mag baskyon lal na pag tag init

Ganessa said...

I agree :)

Josua Aditya said...

Nice trip! Did you do Sand surfing at La Paz? What kind of car did you rent? I plan to go there with my friends too. Thanks for the itinerary

Ganessa said...

We visited La Paz but I was not able to try sand boarding because I was wearing a skirt. Sayang~ The car is like a toyota vios (not good with car models) but they also have a van for bigger groups. No worries... enjoy Ilocos! :)

Glenn Perdido Tolentino said...

Meron din po ako homestay mam,
Fully book ako Nung travel date nyo,
For more info;
Search my name on GOOGLE,
GLENN PERDIDO TOLENTINO
OR FB accnt,album Homestay,
OR luckyguyjoo.sulit.com.ph,

Ganessa said...

Thanks for d info kuya. I updated the post :)

janine said...

HI, I read ur blog and i was amazed in ur trip that , my friend and i also plan to go in ilocos can i asked how? much we expense in two days staying in ilocos? and i want also to asked if the transportation in tourist spot in ilocos is easier than to rent a car?

Ganessa said...

Hi Janine. You can tour laoag city by trike but if you're planning to go to la paz and pagudpud, I'd recommend that you rent a car. Pagudpud is almost 2 hours away from the city and La Paz is remote so if you want to be comfortable free from sweat and dusts, rent a car. But if you're the adventurous type.. you can rent a trike.

Post a Comment

Thank you explorer! --- Always challenge yourself to do something you have never done before. ♥