468x60 Ads

Cancelled Flight To Cagayan De Oro Saved My Life

July 26, 2013 – is a sad date for the citizens of Cagayan de Oro city because of a blast that occurred at Kyla's Bistro, one of the tenants in the restaurant strip at Rosario Arcade in Limketkai Mall, around 11:30 p.m. Friday. Six people, were killed, while 46 others were wounded.

That same date, my flight from Davao City going to Cagayan de Oro got cancelled due to bad weather.

I was pissed at first for the fact that I don’t have enough sleep, have to be at the airport 2 hours before the estimated time of departure (6:55 am), we have to cancel our scheduled canyoneering activity at Mapawa Adventure Park, and my two other companions are not feeling well. 

I know the weather is not within the control of the airline and I am thankful that they offered other options for us. They offered that we either fly the next day or take the connecting flight from Davao to Manila to Cagayan de Oro. So, we picked the latter and arrived at Cagayan de Oro around 6 pm.

The Original Itinerary
Our original itinerary for that day was the canyoneering activity at Mapawa (8am to 2pm), rest at the Hotel (2pm to 7pm), dinner at Kagay-anon restaurant in Limketkai Mall (7pm to 9pm), and chill and booze at Rosario Arcade (9 pm onwards) where the bombing happened.

But since we arrived late at Cagayan, our original itinerary changed. Instead of pursuing our evening plan at Kagay-anon restaurant and Rosario Arcade in Limketkai Mall, we just dined at Barbecue Station near our hotel and just sleep as my two sick companions’ condition got even worse and we are just too tired to roam around.

Next day, I woke up with the sad news about the bombing, then it dawned to me that if not for the cancelled flight, we may have pushed through with our original plan, and I could be one of the casualties or witnesses of that terrible explosion.

Cancelled flights are quite annoying sometimes but, there’s a reason for everything. As for me, it saved me from that nightmare. It is also God’s way of telling me that it’s not my time yet and life is too short to not do the things you love.

My heart and prayer goes to the victims of the bombing.

9 comments:

Mai_Flores said...

I actually went to school with the wife of one of the doctor's who passed away. It has been a sad time indeed. And truly, you were saved... there's always a reason to everything that happens around us. Be safe always!

Ganessa said...

I saw her interview last night and what she said was really heartbreaking about her husband saving someone else's life. I hope justice will be served.

Jonas Ignatius Labagala said...

May nalang wa jud mo nadayon ato ba.. Murag kabalo si God nga naa tay food trip karong Sabado.. hehe! :D

Ganessa said...

Lagi... unsaon na lang! See you this sat :)

Jonas Ignatius Labagala said...

See you there! Excited lang! :D

razzy said...

there's always a reason for everything.. good thing you're safe.. a good reason on a bad situation.. :) keep safe...

Ganessa said...

Thanks Razzy.

Amar said...

Every thing happens for a reason. Ur destiny is predermined. Ur good karma has made u what u r today. U r truely blessed Ganessa.Stay safe...always, Amar.

Ganessa said...

Thanks Amar :)

Post a Comment

Thank you explorer! --- Always challenge yourself to do something you have never done before. ♥